THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

times two!

I have two things to talk about today. Two of my problems.

My WIP was going brilliantly. Over 30 pages and the last time I stopped I knew where I was going to pick it up the next day. My problem is the there was no next day. It is now the next week. I have legitimate reasons why it was impossible for me to do any in that time, including two tests, a birthday etc etc. Except when I picked it up again, though I had a reasonable idea where it must go next overall, the momentum has gone. I also have this nagging idea that I have to write EXACTLY what I had planned.

I know what I must do. I must just write. And write tomorrow. And the next day, and everyday after that. Momentum was more important than what I had planned for the next couple of pages, and a page a day is better than weeks of nothing. I still love my WIP, and my OC Lady Violet: this is just a speed bump.

My other problem.

Hello my name is Liza, and I am a shopaholic.

Today I realised what my boyfriend (life partner? other half? another blog post?) has been trying to tell me for a long time. My spending on clothes is a problem. I can not fit my new things in my overflowing drawers. I have spent more money on clothes than on anything else, probably including food. I don't know because I have not looked at a bank statement in over a year. I don't even buy shoes or high end stuff. Just lots and lots of cheap run of the mill clothes. I don't even have good taste.

I realised I have a problem when I saw my sisters closest and how little was in it. My problem started when I got my first 'proper' job, where I got paid a proper pay check at the end of the month. It started slowly, just a few items here and there to fill out my closest. Now six years later, (specifically the last two years) it is a huge problem. HUGE.

I know what I have to obviously. Stop buying clothes. Except half the ones I own...I don't like any more...

0 comments: