THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, March 5, 2010

inspiration

I AM SO EXCITED

I want to be writer, and I have the usual writer fears. The most common one is that I am not good enough. But I can work on that and practice. I can DO something about it. I have another fear that has always lurked at the back of my brain: that I don't have enough good stories. Something I have no idea what to do about. I read other writers blogs and it seems they usually have a couple WIPs going ALL THE TIME. I have had a few stories in my life, but not many. Until now.

I have been thinking about a biggy for about 6 months and have it planned out, though I haven't written much yet (too busy a Uni, but getting there). Then in the last month every spare moment I have, little stories have been popping up in my head. Its wonderful. Lots of characters showing themselves a little, scenes and possible plots. So I was starting to feel a bit better about it.

Then today a brand new, sparkling, fully developed story appeared (in the middle of a boring lecture!). I am already in love with the character, know her name, can picture the setting, her motivation- EVERYTHING. And its GOOD. I mean, I like my current WIP. A lot. Unfortunately it has a lot of kinks in it and things to be worked out, and I have been feeling insecure about it. But I LOVE this one and all I have to do is write it:)

I have no idea where inspiration comes from. However, I am so grateful to which ever god out bestowed this on me. Thank you, I now know I have stories to tell.

0 comments: