THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, February 7, 2010

First Post!!

Hello there!

Um...so I know there not any one there yet...but here goes my first post. Don't know what to say except to write a bit about myself and why I started this blog.

I'm in my late twenties, and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. After school I did a couple of different jobs, sorta floating around waiting for life to strike me with THE ANSWER (you know to THE QUESTION- 'what the hell am I doing????'). Then about a year ago I decided that instead of waiting for the 'right thing', the sensible career, I would go for a dream. You know those dreams you have for yourself that you daren't tell anyone for fear of being laughed at? My dream is...to be a writer. Yes a writer, not very original or exciting. I can see you sighing and shaking your head right now. After all the internet and blogasphere is over run with wanna be writers. But I have decided that the old worn out adage 'you only regret the things you don't try', may actually be true. What's worse than some one trying to be a writer? Some one who says that they would have been a great writer but they never had the time...

So armed with a little inheritance from my (angel sent from heaven) Gran; and some stellar advice from a friend, I went to university. I am starting my second year now. And to start my writing career I have started this blog. In part because advice from a hundred blogs I've read about writing, but also to practice. 'Cos I think I am going to need A LOT of practice...

0 comments: