THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 23, 2010

What form rejection WILL mean to me...

I can never think of something to write about on here. Or when I do think of things I forget them as soon as I sit down to write about them. So today I am going to enter The Rejectionist's Uncompitition and write about what form rejections means to me. Except I haven't completed a mss yet, never mind querying and actually receiving a form rejection (or a rejection of ANY kind).

So why am writing about it? Because while reading other writers laments about the awful and soul destroying process of querying and the damage rejection does to ones confidence- I don't feel put off, I feel ENVY.

Yes envy.

I wish I had an inbox FULL of rejections. Firstly because that would mean that I had finished my WIP, query letter and synopsis. Secondly each rejection would mean that I was one step closer to the agent who says YES! Most successful authors, throughout the ages, have been rejected. Lots of rejection is part of the process and I want to experience it all.

I will probably feel just as sad, and suffer the same self doubt, as self doubt is inherent to my nature anyway. But I will file each rejection away and tell myself that without them I will not find the right agent and publisher for me. That each rejection is bringing me closer to being published.

Unless of course I get told the I would be more likely to win America's Next Top Model than become a novelist...

0 comments: